Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Technological Evil

So it's still Amy week, and apparently she has major issues with personified PCs.

Let's take a look, shall we?



I'm So Sorry. . .
a poem by Amy Sandusky

Once again I
Failed
You as I
Always
Tend to do.
Looking
Back you must
Hate
Me or at
Least
Cringe with distaste
When
I fall short
Again.
Please forgive me
Forget
My constant shortcomings.
Look
Beyond my past.
Please
Remember my intentions
And
Above all else
Don’t
Trade me in
For

An Apple computer.



###

And now Amy has decided "Screw it" doesn't even try to disguise her extreme loathing of the subject of this next poem, which is simply entitled. . .


EVIL COMPUTER
a poem by Amy 

Evil computer
You make me feel dumb
You ransack my brain
And that is no fun
You question my mind
And tease me all day
You think that you’re smart
I must do as you say
I bite off my nails
And pull out my hair
Your screen goes blank
And gives me a scare
You make a few beeps
Laughing in my face
The screen comes back on
The memory’s erased
I shell out my wallet
To get you fixed up
And after I’m broke
You say ‘that’s enough’
You come back to life
I shower you praise
I bring you back home
I’m truly amazed
I set you back up
And get back to work
And then you freeze up
I call you a jerk
You’re an evil computer
But now I have won
To the trash you will go
For now you are done


"Easy, Amy, easy.  It's over now.  Shhhh. . ."


Once again, I implore you to read Amy's amazabulous blog of musings, "This Is Why I Write."  'Tis nifty with a capital Nuh!



No comments:

Post a Comment